DIY Recipes ( How To Use Argan Oil )
If you’re ready to reap the benefits of argan oil for your hair, there are a few ways to do it.
DIY LEAVE IN CONDITIONER
- 2 Tbsp. Organic Argan Oil
- 5 drops Organic Rosemary Oil
- 5 drops Organic Lavender Oil
- Combine carrier oils and essential oils in a 1 oz glass dropper bottle
- Screw on cap and roll bottle between palms to disperse essential oils.
HOW TO USE LEAVE-IN CONDITIONER
- For dry hair: Place a couple of drops onto fingertips, run through midway to ends of hair. Avoid adding oils to scalp directly, as this is where oil can tend to build up.
- For wet hair: Place a couple of drops into finger tips and run through midway to ends of hair, brush through while still wet, and style as normal.
DIY Lavender Argan Oil Hair Serum Recipe
- 2 oz. Organic Argan Oil
- 12 drops Organic Lavender Oil
- 6 drops Organic Rosemary Oil
- Carefully pour ARGAN oil into a 2 oz. Cobalt Blue glass dropper bottle , (it is easy to do this when using a funnel).
- Add in the essential oils.
- Tightly screw on the dropper top and shake well to combine. Be sure to give the bottle a shake before every application.
How to Use Argan Oil Serum
After washing hair, towel off excess moisture and work a pea-sized amount of serum into the ends of your hair while it is still damp. I like to rub the serum briefly between my hands to gently warm it and to ensure I am not putting too much in my hair. Use daily for a glossy, vibrant look.
Argan oil hair mask
Making your own argan oil mask is easy. Using pure argan oil will get you the most bang for your buck because you can use it on its own or combine it with other nourishing ingredients.
- Using your hands, massage 8 to 10 drops of argan oil into your hair and scalp. Adjust the amount as needed based on the length of your hair.
- Continue to massage your hair and scalp for 10 minutes, ensuring your hair is covered from roots to ends.
- Wrap your hair in a towel or hair wrap and leave it on overnight.
- Wash your hair in the morning and style as usual.
You can buy argan oil shampoo, but making your own is easy, too.
- Pour your usual amount of shampoo into the palm of your hand.
- Add one or two drops of argan oil to the shampoo and rub your hands together until it’s mixed.
- Apply to your hair and wash and rinse as usual.
- Repeat every two or three days.
You can skip your usual conditioner and use argan oil as a leave-in conditioner to reduce breakage from combing and styling.
- Wash your hair thoroughly per the directions on the shampoo bottle.
- Towel-dry your hair so that it’s not dripping.
- Rub two or three drops of the oil in your hands and apply to your hair.
- Dry and style your hair as usual.
- Do this once or twice a week.
Use argan oil as a styling product to smooth your hair and tone down frizz. It can also protect your hair from heat styling.
- Squeeze one or two drops of argan oil into your palm and rub your hands together.
- Lightly apply to your clean, dry hair without massaging it into the scalp — a light coating on your hair’s surface is what you want.
- Style as usual.
Good quality, pure argan oil is key when using it on your scalp and hair. It may cost more, but a little will go a lot further so you get more bang for your buck.
When shopping for the best argan oil for hair, make sure that it’s:
- 100 percent pure organic argan oil without any other ingredients
- labeled for cosmetic use
- sold in a dark-colored glass bottle
Pure argan oil for cosmetic use should have no smell to it whatsoever. Culinary argan oil smells nutty and poor quality argan oil may have a strong, rancid odor.
Argan oil should be sold and stored in a dark-colored glass bottle to maintain its properties.
Argan oil can moisturize your hair and scalp and protect your hair from everyday damage. By reducing breakage and split ends and keeping your scalp healthy, argan oil may help prevent hair loss for thicker, fuller hair.